Sweet Thanksgiving Turkey
Do you need a fun idea for the Thanksgiving table? Try this “sweet turkey” idea. With Oreos, candy and icing, you can have these little guys greeting your guest as they are seated. Make ahead or have the kids make them as an activity before the real bird hits the table. Either way,this is one turkey you will want to gobble
Ingredients for 1 bird
2 oreo Double Stuff cookies
1 Whopper Malted Milk Ball
1 Mini Reese Peanut Butter Cup
4-6 candy corn
2 Mini M&M’s
1 red Mike & Ike candy
- Take 1 Oreo apart. This will be the base.
- Place the whole Oreo on its side on the base, so that it sticks to the white of the Oreo. If you have trouble getting it to stand up, you can put icing on the flat Oreo.
- In front of the Oreo on its side, place a mini Reese’s Cup for the body and a Whopper for the turkey’s head. Use icing to stick the Whopper onto the Reese’s Cup.
- Place candy corn, points down, in between the Oreo cookie that is standing on it’s side.
- Use icing to put mini M&M’s onto the Whopper to make the turkey’s eyes.
- Break off the end of a candy corn for the beak. Use the icing to stick it on the Whopper.
- Use the red Mike & Ike for the waddle. Use icing to stick it to the Whopper beside the beak.
(Received this recipe courtesy of Burgess Inspection Group)