Two lunch box favs in one – cookies and potato chips. Butter, flour, crushed chips and sugar are blended to make fabulous short bread cookie. The recipe is so simple I had to share in case you needed a last minute cookie idea this holiday season.
1/2 C of sugar
2 sticks of butter (room temperature)
1 tsp of vanilla
2 C of flour
1/2 C of crushed potato chips
1/2 C of pecans (optional)
ungreased cookie sheet
350 degree oven
1. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
2. Slowly add flour, crushed chips and nuts.
3. Take a piece of dough and make a ball. Place the ball on the cookie sheet. Dough will be kind of dry.
5. Add more sugar on to cookies if you want.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Let cookies cool and enjoy.
Tip: To keep cookies moist, add a piece of bread or an apple core to the cookie jar.
Nanny Woods was one of my best girl friend’s grandmother. While looking through her grandmother’s things, my friend found this recipe and shared it with me.