Dallas (Zone 8a) gets hot…yet we want a colorful garden. Here is a list of some of my favorite colorful flowers that can handle the heat!
1. Black-Eyed Susans: This native plant is beautiful with the prominent dark centers and yellow flowers. Butterflies love these!
2. Pincushion Flowers: These pastel color flowers attract butterflies and hummingbirds. They can get almost two feet tall.
3. Autumn Sage: The dark red, purple, lavender and fuchsia colors are beautiful!
4. Homestead Verbena: I love the large purple flower clusters.
5. Pink Skullcap: Small, red flowers. 6. Blackfoot Daisy: This has small white flowers with yellow centers and needs a well-draining soil.7. New Gold Lantana: This lantana has golden yellow flowers.8. Hibiscus: 10 foot wide plant with bright, scarlet flowers. How could you not love that? 9. Belinda’s Dream: This pink rose required little care.10. Mystic Spires Blue: These blue and long flowers are pretty and also the plant is rarely bothered by pests or disease.
Send me pictures of your garden if you happen to have some of these beautiful flowers in it! I would love to see it!
As always, I am never too busy to handle any of your real estate needs! Happy planting!